Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a friend that lives on a mobile home tat she rents.

Customer Question
Hello so i have...

Hello so i have a friend that lives on a mobile home tat she rents. Her ex-best friend use to live with her and then later her boy friend moved in. Neither of them pay rent. She left ( her best friend ) but the problem is that he won't leave. HE does pay rent and is just living there even though he was never welcomed to the home. He is calming Squatters right to stay there. My question is how could she kick him out ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

What kind of paper work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats about it .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/18/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 8 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If friend let the ex best friend and the boyfriend move in, then legally she is their landlord and they would be her tenants. If she wants the boyfriend out, she would need to give him a written one month notice to vacate. Keep a copy. Then if he doesn't move out, she can file a formal eviction case in the local court to get a judgment and a writ of possession that the sheriff would execute to force him to leave. That will take around another month after the notice to vacate expires.

.

.

thanks