Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am currently in a chap 13 bankruptcy case. My lease ends…

Customer Question
I am currently in...

I am currently in a chap 13 bankruptcy case. My lease ends mid January, but it is extremely hard to find an apartment complex that will rent to me with an active bankruptcy case. I also filed my case before a judgement was entered for falling behind on my rent to stay an eviction. I have a potential landlord that is interested in renting to be. One of the questions on the application is were you ever evicted... how should I answer this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Texas. A notice to appear was filed, but the case was taken off of the docket once I provided documentation of filing for bankruptcy.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No issues

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

I also filed my case before a judgement was entered for falling behind on my rent to stay an eviction. I have a potential landlord that is interested in renting to be. One of the questions on the application is were you ever evicted... how should I answer this?

Response: The answer is NO because there is no Judgment of Eviction in the case.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law