Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I singed the lease on the 21st of November I paid my deposit…

Customer Question
I singed the lease on...
I singed the lease on the 21st of November I paid my deposit and rent then rent was due on the 12/1 I paid a portion to the landlord of course there are late fees ect I told him ide have the rest by the end of the week then he texted me to call him on that Thursday and he went off on me because my check bounced which was not done intentionally and I had the money in there originally after I already paid a portion of rent then he demanded it all be paid the next day Friday not even a week late then Friday I told him he lied to me upon moving in about the apt being cleaned and the carpets and that the heater isn't working in the bedroooms and the drain isn't draining in the tub and I told him he should of given me credit for the clean and i told him i didn't appreciate his rude demeaning comment prior on Thursday about me and that it was uncalled for then he said he just wants to dissolve the lease and he wants me out in 6 days for him to give me all my money back i told him that was unrealistic and that i thought it messed up everytime he has conflict with a resident he just moves them out I never agreed or said I would do this either I even tried to give him the rest of the money which he ignored and was stuck on me leaving then he said I owed him a 25 bounce fee for the check which I told him that was not listed in the lease and he just cant demand fees then my bf was coming out of my apt one morning and he is partially def and has a service dog and my landlord does not allow pets wo approval for residents says nothing about visitors and he text me saying he had pictures of the dog coming out of my apt ect I told him its not my dog doesn't stay here is a service dog and has papers then he asked me if I was going to leave or not then yesterday would of been the 6th day I did not leave yet and today in the mail I get a notice from the prosecutor that I wrote a bad check and I have ten days to pay it the landlord filed that on Wednesday after he said he is giving me my money back if I leave that Friday and I tried to pay him prior but he didn't take the money and now I have this issue hes basically entrapping me or trying to idk what to do at this point this is the short version and I have all this in text
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
ive attached the text messages
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

I would really like to help you but what you wrote is literally one long paragraph sentence with no periods and I can't make heads or tails of it. Do you maybe want too break it up into parts?

how does a phone call work its actually a lot of info I attached the text messages to
do they charge the $59 plus the $36 for a call? or just $59

It's a $59 charge for the phone call and it's a great way to get all your questions answered. And, since we didn't actually answer your question via email/text, we can just do the call if you'd prefer to do that.