Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Lease says that tenant pays water bill, but tenant has

Customer Question
Lease says that tenant...

Lease says that tenant pays water bill, but tenant has someone else not at the property and not on the lease. I get a notice that a lien will be placed on my property if the water bill is not paid. What are my rights as landlord?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

San Francisco, CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Lease says tenant pays for all utilities. I pay for garbage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What do you mean "tenant has someone else not at the property and not on the lease?"

property manager
Cancel service
Please cancel. I will contact local attorney

Sure, best wishes and Merry Christmas

NO