Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

As the landlord I just served a eviction notice do I file…

Customer Question
As the landlord I just...
As the landlord I just served a eviction notice do I file the unlawful detainer or does the tenant if I do how is this done
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/14/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 2 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

As the landlord, you would file the unlawful detainer lawsuit. Typically, you can get the forms for the lawsuit from the Clerk of the Court's office. Some counties will also put the forms online on their court websites. If you give me your county/state I can look and see if the forms online, if you'd like.

Sure you can look I’m in San Luis Obispo county

Looks like the forms (and a self-help site for self-represented applicants) is available through the courts, but their website appears to be down right now (could just be offsite for maintenance). Here is the website:

slocourts.net/self_help/eviction_housing

If you cannot get it working, you could also just visit the Clerk's office -they should have the forms you need there in person.

Just checking in to see if there is anything I could clarify or additional information you needed about this matter? If so, please reply, I'm certainly happy to help!

Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, as this is the ONLY way experts like myself are credited by this website. Thank you.

RobertJDFL, Attorney