Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Attention NYC Lawyers: I'm looking for a local Attorney who…

Attention NYC Lawyers: I'm looking...
Attention NYC Lawyers: I'm looking for a local Attorney who handles municipal law and permit issues to assist me with creating a petition for all residents to sign that would be delivered to City Hall.Here is the scenario:
Next door to my apartment building, construction has begun on an empty lot for the Turkey Consulate. Location is across the street from the United Nations. They have a permit to start working at 7:00am until 5:00pm Monday through Friday. And Saturday 9am-5pm. They started by laying down the foundation. I have never heard noise so loud so pounding. My walls shake with every pound to the ground from that machine. Many tenants are complaining to 311 but they can't do anything about this.This is obviously a big disturbance of the peace in living conditions. Is there anyway we, the tenants can unite, sign a petition, create a class action lawsuit that would allow a judge to change the permits working hours to 9am - 5pm. Monday through Friday only?Answer from an attorney:
You can gather signatures from affected residents and take the petition to City Hall and request for hearing on your concerns. Then if the City ignores your concerns, you can file lawsuit against the City to force changes in the permit approval.My question again: Can anyone on here help draft a legal petition to use?
12/13/2017
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I can provide a link for Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. Pursuant to the terms of service for this site the attorneys on the site cannot enter into an Attorney/Client relationship with the customers on the site. Would you like me to provide you with a link for NYC Attorneys that provide FREE consultations?

Ok thx

Please give me a few moments so I can provide a few different resources to assist you.

NYC Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service http://www.nycbar.org/get-legal-help/

Martindale-Hubbell https://www.martindale.com/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Thank you.