Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord filed an eviction on me in court. The judge gave…

Customer Question
My landlord filed an...

My landlord filed an eviction on me in court. The judge gave a letter of writ for December 5th. They took me to court for November but the landlord wanted november and December. She told me if i paid both then i can stay in the apartment. It was paid today december 11th but the constable put a 2r hour notice on my door when i got home from work. If i made a payment can the constable still put me out even though the landlord said i can stay if she recieved payment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The land lord had until december 5th to file a letter of writ which she already turned in but she told me as long as i have it paid before the constable comes out she will go back to court and remove it or something

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

Response: No. You need to make sure to have evidence of the payment to give to the Constable. You should also contact your Landlord because your Landlord can contact the Constable and put a stop to the eviction.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.