Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am subleasing from a tenant that defaulted on their rental…

Customer Question
I am subleasing from...

I am subleasing from a tenant that defaulted on their rental agreement....they never told me about their default and today I was served with a 3 day notice....I paid the tenant a security deposit, but she left the commercial space and set up shop down the street...I never was on the lease....what can I do sir?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida sir

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The woman never told me or informed me that she owes them rent sir

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got a 3 day notice that has her name and business owing over 12,000.00 dollars

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/12/2017
Lawyer: philip.simmons, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
philip.simmons

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can remain in the building even though you are not on the lease with the landlord?

sir.....I paid her rent and security deposit....she withheld information on her default
I can type sir...don't have the funds to call you sir

I can offer a discounted phone call...the $59 call offer is sent automatically...I can send one for $5 additional

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer