Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can I sue the Landlord for disregarding property damage, and…

Customer Question
Can I sue the...

Can I sue the Landlord for disregarding property damage, and totally turning her back on me only because the defender was her friend ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Bronx NY

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

YES, and ant-social behave towards other tenants can lead the consequences

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This conflict has led me to serious health problemx

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Yes, the landlord is responsible for repairing the property damage and if they failed to do so for any reason, then you can sue the landlord for breach of lease. I am afraid though that under NY law, you cannot sue the landlord for your health problems coming from this conflict, you can only sue to get a judgment forcing them to make the repairs or to terminate the lease and for costs of you moving since the landlord breached the lease. You cannot seek emotional distress or physical harm damages for this type of suit in court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Its was not what I was looking for. I said other things than the damage to my door
I'm not happy with your response

Thank you for your reply.

If you would re-read what you typed, you really did not say much of anything. However, if I missed something, instead of chastising me about missing it if you would please tell me clearly what else you would have like answered, I would be more than happy to respond to you and answer those follow up questions.

This is a written forum and sometimes misunderstandings happen, so the only way to clear those up is to type your follow up questions.

Instead of complaining you are not happy, please try typing what else you would like answered and I would happily answer those questions, but I do not know what more you want answered when you have not asked and your initial post was garbled and hard to follow.

The below is ALL you said, that question was answered. If you thought you typed more, then please tell me what more you would like answered so I can do so: Can I sue the Landlord for disregarding property damage, and totally turning her back on me only because the defender was her friend ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Bronx NY

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney