Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

When we signed the lease back in april, hand written and…

Customer Question
When we signed the...

When we signed the lease back in april, hand written and signed by us both, it ws agreed to fix the non working hot water in the bathroom sink. it still has not been done and she is completely aware. in what ways may I create a proposition to be taken care of for my rental expences?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Hawaii the plumbers came and determined it was a big job AND NEVER CAME BAK until yesterday when the landlord showed up obn my porch demanding i remove my scooter from the half sized parking space no one ever occupied because any car besides a smart car would cause blockage of mailboxes and firehazard to staircase, thus it was deemed moped parking

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Or pay 75$ a month i dont know what do file or how to do it, this is why im here asking a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe we may have until monday to get somthing in writingf

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/9/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you?
With the stated history of above, regarding to the situation at hand with my landlord not for filling the hot water in the bathroom, what kind of urgency is created with this dilemma. Since it took so long and it was in the initial lease signing to fix it and it was never fixed is there something we can do to lessen the monthly hello to my savings as in rent or someway to get money back or someway to get a couple months free… What can we do given my situation. I did not act on it earlier because I was told it was too big of a job. Now that my parking space is being taken away after living here since April for no reason other then she realized she can Pocket more money and coming up to my kitchen unannounced peeking her head into my doorway while I am re-organizing and cleaning the whole house top to bottom, she makes me go bring everything in my garage/parking spot and add it to my giant cleaning project I have just started. She gave me one day to clean out over eight months of living, threaten me with a fine and then tried to tell me the parking space needs to be available for other tenants and proceeded to offer it to me for a monthly payment of an additional $75, find you this parking space is half the size of the other three parking spaces , this parking spaces this parking spacesnext to mailboxes and a hallway with a fire extinguisher, unless you have a smart car or a moped parking any other vehicle there will cause a fire hazard and black mailbox which I believe is also illegal. Besides all of this my water has never been fixed since the first day so while it may look like retaliation I am tired of being the good guy who gets pushed around . What can we do
Landlord breached the lease. Tenant is entitled to not only cancel but seek remediation and compensation. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!