Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have court date fri the 8th in Arizona at superior court…

Customer Question
I have court date...

I have court date fri the 8th in Arizona at superior court concerning a former squatter that has already been removed legally by court eviction. And I'm told I have to answer this complaint or appeal in superior court this fri. With legal representation. Why ? Is my question when he's already removed and if so can you help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

I can tell you that I had legal help and the writ and removal have been done and he's gone

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Was no lease I don't this person he's a squatter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can and will he be able to be present for the hearing in superior court to answer this squatters appeal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/6/2017
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Are I still there should I call ???? I'm not sure what to do next
Ok I'm gonna wait for your response , money is an issue of some cuz I've spent over 4000 removing this squatter already. And if I could afford to pay another 2000 I would but I can't and this is why I'm doing this

I understand there was a squatter that you got removed from the property. What is the complaint that you need to respond to?

I'm not sure of the complaint, give me a minute and I will see what I have here
He's appealing the eviction but haven't said anything of what he wants, I know he did not meet appeal protocol by not having it done before evicted

Ok. Was the eviction done in Justice Court and he appealed to Superior Court?

Ok. So are you sure you have an actual court date? I think you just file a response to his complaint and then the judge rules.

But he started the superior court before we were in civil court , when we went to civil court and judge gave the guy 10 days to get off and he's gone,
I believe your right

Alright, we will figure it out. But first, do you have an actual hearing on the 8th?

I need to step away briefly....will be back shortly.

Ok
It's been a minute, I've got sum stuff I could email or forward to you, if you send me a email address I will send you what I got. I will pay you also if u can help me of course
Ok it's been over a half hour my friend talk to me

Hello, I didn't say I would be away a minute.

You can do premium service if you want me to look at stuff and assist with documents.

But I would like to know if you have a court hearing on the 8th.

After some thought, what it sounds like happened is he filed a notice of appeal to superior court after the judgment for eviction, but before the issuance of a Writ of Restitution.

So did he file the Complaint in Superior Court yet, which is the appeal document.

He filed something in superior court way before we went into civil court cuz the court told him that it's a civil matter so we went to civil court and won in civil had the writ served and the sheriff had him removed and is not able return. So after all this he still went back and followed thru now the superior court thing, so the judge is asking me to answer his complaint and he's telling me it must be answered by legal representation so that is why I'm trying to get someone to help me, cuz they say I can't rep myself cuz property was in llc but I never paid dues and it's supposed to fall back to me. That was years ago and it being dirt no structure I had just let that part slide , I need to quitclaim it back to me, but that's not the issue here
I apologize for the things I wrote earlier about time I know your time is valuable and I'm willing to pay you for assistance in this matter I'just don't have a lot of money I've been diagnosed with stage 4 canser in July of this year and I've had a recent robbery cuz of my condition that has totally taken me out of control or devastated my life. So in lieu of this matter I'm going thru so much crap and trying to stay alive as well it's overwhelmed me and I'm ready to throw it all in. Please just help me it's so messed up that this person ive never met in my life is getting away with this
I don't have time to be pushed to another what the ......cant we just talk and I can send u all the papers less this person u r referring is ready now