Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How many times (4 is my current late charges) am I to get…

Customer Question
How many times (4...

How many times (4 is my current late charges) am I to get away with late payment

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Tarrant, AL

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I haven't been able to find anything but the amount 50 dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At this time I just want to know if there are limits to the number of times I can pay my rent late.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/6/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 4 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

No, there is no specific limit to the number of times you can pay late or it triggers some breach that can't be cured. As long as you are paying the rent along with any late fees within any notice period, you can do that for an indefinite amount of times until your lease expires..

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years...

.

.

thanks

barristerinky
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney