Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If landlord gives notice of an increase in rent on 4th of…

Customer Question
If landlord gives...

If landlord gives notice of an increase in rent on 4th of the month on a month to month lease, does this void the lease, and gives the right of the tenant to give less than 30 days notice to vacate property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: It does not give the tenant the right to terminate the lease early. However, the increase in rent notice must provide 30 days prior to the rent increase and therefore, the tenant has those 30 days to move out.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

the landlord gave notice letter delivered in person without a USPS date stamp ,and letter was dated Nov. 30th. Will this make it difficult for me to prove
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 4 months ago

Was the date on the letter the same as the date you received it?

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi