Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Couldn't I file a not a writ but something like that.

Customer Question
Couldn't I file a not...
Couldn't I file a not a writ but something like that. Basically requesting his filing was not properly filed attached with a copy of nov rent check he accepted. That would force him to start the whole process again
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/4/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 8 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Couldn't I file a not a writ but something like that. Basically requesting his filing was not properly filed attached with a copy of nov rent check he accepted. That would force him to start the whole process again.

.

That is what you are filing... The Answer to the UD complaint... it is that simple.. And in the Answer, which I provided a link to in the other thread...you can set out your defense... that you paid the rent and the landlord accepted it for months after the 60 day expired.. So he entered into a new tenancy agreement with you by accepting the rent instead of filing to evict then..

Hello again,
.
I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.
.
Did you have any further questions I can help with?
.
.
Thanks much