Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I hope u recall me. I need help. they didn't take my money…

Customer Question
hi I hope u recall...
hi I hope u recall me. I need help. they didn't take my money and I have to be in court next week.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/4/2017
Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Good afternoon. Can you please remind me of your issue? I would be happy to assist you further.

being evicted for paying rent late. ***** ***** from iowa

Right. Please give me one moment while I pull up the previous thread.

So you received a summons to appear in court?

land lady didn't except my money

And remind me how you received the letter? Weren't you out of town when it was sent?

I am back in iowa and at my place of living
I have to be in court next week in Clarinda Iowa and don't have a way to get there
i picked it up at post office this afternoon

How did you receive the letter? Was it mailed to your residence? Hand delivered? Were you at the residence when the letter got there?

i picked it up at the post office and i had to sign for it
Had to pick it up at post office and signed for it

Did the landlord say why they did not want to accept the rent? What county are you in?

no she didn't expect it. been trying to send u this paper
I'm in Page county

Was the paperwork filed by an attorney? If so, you should contact him/her and ask if they would still be willing to accept payment.

ive tried to call him but he was in meeting
i need your email again so i can send it

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do, other than hope that they will be willing to accept payment and drop the eviction proceedings. You may want to consult a lawyer in your county.

My email address is *******************

Hello. Do you still require assistance? I noticed that you chose to opt out of the question.

Justin yes I still need help. But I'm not getting what I need. I have to be in court next week and because of my health I dnt need this. I'm being basically evicted and I dnt understand why. I was paying more then I needed to pay.

The image you uploaded is too blurry to read. Can you take a better picture?

You are being evicted because you did not pay your rent on time. There isn't much else that can be done other than trying to negotiate with the landlord's attorney and seeing if they will accept the late rent payments and drop the eviction proceedings.

Whatever
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer