Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My apartment has been bugged by a woman who has been

Customer Question
My apartment has been...

My apartment has been bugged by a woman who has been stalking me or a number of years. She has been able to do this with the cooperation of the management company, due to her status and wealth. At this time, I am considering some kind of legal action against the company as a way to get to her. The company, fearful for their own liability, may be set to retaliate against me. This month, when my rent was due, I attempted to meet with the manager of the apartment, as I always do, to pay the rent. Despite trying to make an appointment to make my payment, she did not get back to me and so far has not answered my phone calls. I believe the woman who is stalking me has set them up to this latest action (they did something similar 2 yrs ago, when they took over from the old management). Her whole purpose is to discourage me from taking any kind of legal action against her. I need to know what the management companies liability is if I can prove the apartment is bugged? Just so you know, I have two reliable bug detectors to verify their existence. A PI's verification would be corroborative, but my devices might be enough. This is a complicated story, as you might have already guessed, but it might be a lucrative case for someone. Depending on what happens with the management company and any further action taken by the stalker, I would be willing to sit down with someone and go into further detail. Just so you know, I 74 years old, of sound body and mind, with no criminal record and no mental health issues every. I've just been stalked by a woman for a long time and am all too aware of the stress I would put myself through, were I to take decisive action. The stalker is wealthy, highly intelligence, has local status, and can be ruthless in her attempts to dissuade me from going after her. But, again, I need to know what liability does the management company have and what can they do to retaliate, if they think I may take legal action against them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sorry. I thought I was communicating with someone in my state and city. I live in Tacoma, WA.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

It's month to month. There are no issues with maintenance or upkeep. I've lived in this apartment for twenty years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does he know anything about stalkers, other than the Hollywood version? Because this woman is not typical.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?