Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

There is a group of people who is illegally obtaining houses…

Customer Question
There is a group...

There is a group of people who is illegally obtaining houses and renting them, what is interesting is that these people can rent out these properties without an occupancy certificate and the house as you know is not really habitable at all. Many are condemned and the judge still make people pay rent or be envicted. Now this is of course against the law but these scam artist is getting away with it. Actually what exactly is the tenant rights in this situation in nj?

Lawyer's Assistant: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

The judge is participating in this scam. I have never witness a judge who violates his position like this before.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. How are you sure the judge is aware that there is no occupancy permit? Are the tenants bringing this to the court’s attention ?