Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

The tenant bleached one year lease (4 month left). I had…

Customer Question
The tenant bleached...

The tenant bleached one year lease (4 month left). I had only kept security deposit per leased agreed. Tenant forged lease said I had agreed them move out early as long as they give me 3 month notice ,first forged lease and accused me forged and violation demand me refund their security deposit when I refused and asked my attorney reached out tenant's attorney told them if they will pay stand bleach least two months I will release them for forge and accuse me. They then filed an a n law sue against me , I filed count claim , just received their answer for my count claim , what should I do next? I am not happy my previous attorney as I had asked file law sue against them first, he did not instead try settle and did not successful ,not we are in count sue situation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

One year lease suppose from 8/1/2016 to 7/31/2017, they sent me an email said due to husband lost job have to leave on 3/31/2017 , husband was not the one apply for the lease at begin, he is a stay home Dad as far as I knew or neighbor all knew. He might do home investment. They caused over thousand water damage, installation without my permission I only count $981 damage , but I did not collect them as according lease if they bleach I can keep security deposit and reasonable remain rents, the security deposit is one month. I only kept the security deposit include the $981 damage fee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They forged lease said as long as they told me 3 month ahead they can move out without bleach and accused me forge and violation. I had hired an attorney try sue them first but mistakenly allowed my attorney try settle with them first, two attorneys begin argue who is forged ,I stopped them tell tenant's attorney if his intention resolve the bleach lease issue he can contact me directly ,otherwise I would like complain to BAR association as he was accuse me something I did not do to damage my real estate professional reputation. And send tenant directly email told me I can accept stand 2 month lease as My previously suggested . They filed a law sue and I filed count sue , just receive their answer basically denied everything.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
what should I do next? Do I need answer to their answer again, if something is not state correct?
The complaint gets answered. Next sides can do discovery demands and exchange documents. After that the matter should be conferences for settlement and trial pursposes.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
What do you means discovery demands and exchange documents. I had attached some our conversation with tenant as exhibit on the original count claims , can I write a summary to judge about I had hired an attorney communicate with tenant's attorney but two attorneys into a argument did not get anything resolved and that was why we are in law sue now. Do I need answer tenant's answer again?
A complaint gets an answer. If the answer has counterclaims those counterclaims get answered by the plaintiff.You can summarize the evidence but should have the underlying documents to show the judge.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!