Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am disable and have no famileymebers to help me i have bed…

Customer Question
I am disable and...

I am disable and have no famileymebers to help me i have bed bugs and the manger wonts to avicet me sorry for my spelling just got out of hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mesquite texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure but the ass manger was very rude and said i have to pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can they make me leave after living here 5yrs...i did not hve them befor i came here

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Where are you living now? Are you living in an apartment, assisted-living facility, or somewhere else?

I"m livingin an apartment of 5yrs
I dont have that kind of money to spare...im on disableity
hello can i get some help
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Good morning! Now that I have your answer, I can work on your question. Is your landlord asking you to pay for bed bug extermination?

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 4 months ago

Failure to comply with your lease may constitute a violation and provide a basis for terminating your lease. Written, dated communication with your landlord is essential to protect your rights.

Your landlord must remedy the bed bug problem IF:

• You inform your landlord in of the infestation in writing, and
  • You are not late on rent payments, and the infestation was not caused by you or your guests.

Do you have a copy of your lease and does it have bed bug addendum, certifying that the apartment you are renting is free of bed bugs?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer