Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I HAVE LIVED IN MY RENTAL UNIT FOR OVER 30 YEARS. IT IS ON…

Customer Question
I HAVE LIVED IN...

I HAVE LIVED IN MY RENTAL UNIT FOR OVER 30 YEARS. IT IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR ABOVE A BAKERY. I HAVE REC'D A NOTICE FROM THE ABC ABOUT A PROPOSED RESTAURANT WITH RECORDED MUSIC GOING IN. I HAVE HEARD THAT A DJ IS BEING LOOKED FOR. THIS DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A NORMAL RESTAURANT AND NO HOURS OF OPERATION POSTED. THERE IS NO SOUND INSULATION AND THE FLOORS ARE THIN AND SOUND IS A CONSTANT PROBLEM FROM THE BAKERY. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT HOW TO GO ABOUT CONTESTING THIS PERMIT.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

NO

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/24/2017
Lawyer: rayanswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Hi you can file such a complaint and protest here, I agree it sounds like a club to me.

http://www.abc.ca.gov/Forms/PDFCompl.html

Ask them to notify you of any public hearing so you can attend and give testimony here.See if the neighbors will file here too.That can really help .

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I AN 78 AND CANNOT AFFORD TO MOVE OVER THIS ISSUE, SHOULD I RETAIN A LAWYER