Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

If I’m on the lease with my girlfriend to our house, can she…

If I’m on the lease...
If I’m on the lease with my girlfriend to our house, can she lock me out of the house? And can she call the police if I’m at my house?
11/22/2017
KLAW
KLAW, Other
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
Thank you. I️ know it’s stupid and petty but I️ just want to be able to retrieve my belongings without going back to jail.
She has called twice and I️ actually think it’s her cousin that she calls and he has come to arrest me twice for nothing
No, your roommate cannot lock you out if you are in the leas.If she changes the locks, you may need to get the police to put you back into possession of the property. Keep a copy of your lease agreement on you for that purpose.If the police won't help you re enter, you may need to file damage claims against your her and have the court issue an order of reentry.She can’t call the police on you if you have the lease agreement and show proof that you live in the apartment.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit for assisting you with your question.
It’s obviously the same if it’s a house correct?
legally it makes no difference. You have your legal rights based upon the lease.
Why do I️ keep getting arrested every time she calls?
is there any recourse if she is calling a family member to arrest me.
If the police won’t take your side of the story, then you may have to wait to speak with the judge at the hearings.
KLAW
KLAW, Other
How about false accusations or lying on a police report
Can I️ file harassment charges
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Other