Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Im currently in at month to month Agreement. i gave my 15

im currently in at month...
im currently in at month to month Agreement . i gave my 15 days notice on the 21 to leave on the 6th. My landlord its stating i will have to pay a full months notice. Is this legal?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Option 2. I (we) would like to stay on a month-to-month basis while we weigh options. We
understand that this option carries a 10% increase in our rent ($1,342.00) and can be sustained
for a maximum of 3 months, after which, our lease will automatically terminate on December
31st, 2017, unless a new agreement is signed by the Landlord and the Tenant(s) Manager. Note:
Month-to-month tenancies may be terminated by tenant or landlord giving written notice not less
than 15 days prior to the end of some subsequent monthly payment period.No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/22/2017
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Technically, a person has to give notice at least 15 days prior to the end of the current period or it would roll over into a new month and you would owe for that month as well. So you would have to give notice on the 15th or sooner in any month in order to not get charged for the first 15 days of next month unless he re-rents the property sooner than that.. See FL Statutes 83.57. and 83.46

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
then i would owe until the 15th of the following month So lets say i put my notice in Nov 21/17. i would owe until Dec 15 2017 not to the end of the month?

Correct. to Dec 15th, not to the end of the month..

barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks
barristerinky
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney