Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

For ScottyMacESQ, Mother is the who signed the lease

agreement but I was using...
For ScottyMacESQ, Mother is the who signed the lease agreement but I was using the building for my business. Can building owner lock the building for not being able to pay rents? If so, how do we get our stuffs inside the building if gets locked?
11/22/2017
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Under CA law a landlord cannot use a self help eviction to lock you out even though you have not paid rent. He must go through the courts to evict you. You can take him to court to require him to give you access and he could also be liable to you in damages for engaging in a self help eviction.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw