Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in an RV in a mobile home/rv park. Since the day I…

Customer Question
I live in an...

I live in an RV in a mobile home/rv park. Since the day I moved in I was having electrical problems with the panel I plug into on the property I rent. I contacted housing authorities regarding this because the landlord seemed to just overlook the safety violation. Because I contacted HUD, the entire park got inspected. Management is upset with me, blames me for additional repairs and costs through out the park. They have since retaliated upon me. I was behind on rent but when I was able to get the money and pay they refused, several times. I even had the manager at one point make a copy of my checks and sign that he had them in the office only to later have him bring them back to me. Since they denied my rent several times they turned around and sued me for non-payment of rent. I had to go to court, etc. I could not get an attorney and was bullied, harassed, threatened and forced to sign additional agreements irrelevant to the case. Since I am not out by the date they forced me to sign, (i have nowhere to go and am waiting to hear from another park manager) an eviction paper from the sheriff has been put on my door. I am in dire need of help to reverse this process until I can get into the other park and want to have a lawyer help me to resubmit this case. I have no way to tow my trailer or move anything. I am alone and don't own a truck;

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

California, 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, with the court. they sued me. other than that i havent filed anything because i have been very stressed making many calls to find someone who can help me legally

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the sheriff paper says i need to be out by 6 am today, 11/20/17. i would like to get an eviction reversal letter if that is what its called so i can get more time to figure things out as to where i will be living and i would like help with my case.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have provided photos of the case and some additional details. please, this is urgent as they want me out by 6 am, nov. 20, 2017. I am alone with nowhere to go. Your help is much appreciated.
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but you have a major issue here. Even though you say you were "bullied" you did in fact sign the agreement. Once you signed the agreement IN COURT, I am afraid you bound yourself to that agreement. So, your options as far as having to move off the property are limited as you signed agreeing to do so.

HOWEVER, the retaliation for making the HUD complaint is a completely different story. Attorneys take cases of retaliation without up front money on a contingency basis. It is illegal to retaliate against a tenant for making any complaint under HUD. So you have a case to sue the landlord/park management for harassment and retaliation for them coming after you for making the HUD complaint and that is a separate case from the eviction and it would not stop the other part of the case, the eviction, I am afraid, but you can and will seek compensation for that eviction through your retaliation suit against the park.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.