Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If my.parents own a house and my father said I have to pay…

Customer Question
If my.parents own a house...
If my.parents own a house and my father said I have to pay the electric bill and I have a room in the house and I help with the yard do I have tenant rights can they just go in and out of my room as they please
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Lawyer: rayanswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You are a month to month tenant here with those rights.You have right to secure your room as a tenant and have parents respect that as your landlord.To me it is not reasonable for them to not respect your rights here to privacy of your room as a tenant.You have such expectations as a tenant.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

He tells me he is going to pick me out because some times my girlfriend and I argue can he do that the way I hang up my laundry he tells me I'm stupid that it's making him pissed off and I'm just trying to make my girlfriend mad can't they just give me my space can't they mind their own business
Kick me out

They have to give you 30 days notice and evict you.They also have legal duty to provide support to you since you are under 18 here.So you are a tenant but they have duty to you as parent since you are minor.

I'm 40 but it feels like he is always harrassing me

Then you are month to month tenant they cannot just say leave here,

Even if he and my mom owns the house but no written contract but we pay the electric bill and clean the yard and stuff if he keeps harrassing me can I press charges

Yes you can do so.