Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I’ve located the statute. Thank you. Wisconsin and no I’m

Customer Question
I’ve located the statute. Thank...
I’ve located the statute. Thank you
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Wisconsin and no I’m trying to determine whether it’s worth my time and effort, my son who is 26 in December and another gentleman from India in IT making a salary of $90k; son resided with me for two years, Rakshith just over twomonths
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: were fine with the manager here, a woman on SSDI who I just dropped at the homeless shelter yesterday post receiving a 14 day notice as I did not go through the arduous process of running her through on site mngt had to leave, the reasoning behind her having to leave are obvious, she didn’t make the cut in the onsite mngrs mind so he reported her taking the second room as my roommate simply is a matter of principle for me; retired VP of Operations Inland Real Estate, Oak Brook, Illinois
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Terms do mandate any long term residents are to be vetted by Mngt however my son obviously an adult, Rakshith in the 7-8% percentile of salary were fine at the local mngr level. Dropping her off at the homeless shelter yesterday simply doesn’t sit right with me. She could, and did swing her end of the rent $635 p/month; she simply isn’t viewed as a desirable which is abhorrent in my eyes
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The basis for Mngt determination as to whether the latest roommate which I ran, after all I’m on the hook for rent not my roommate. I wrote a sub-let lease for her, she’s on SSDI and has been all her life at 49 due to epileptic seizures and I received a 14 day notice, first ever to remove her from the premises or I would be given a 60 termination of lease. Clearly discrimination and as a matter of principle I simply don’t like it. I am contemplating providing them with my 60 day notice and terminating my own lease.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
My son wasn’t questioned simply because he’s my son, my last roommate makes a salary of $91k per annum and he wasn’t subject to a background at age 24, this woman of dignity and integrity with a physical disability was ran and denied the right to stay in my apartment. Highly prejudicial and morally bankrupt.
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 21 days ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Do the terms of your lease include provisions on subletting one of your rooms?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will await your email response; I ran her prior to engaging through NCIC, Persopo, she has one dent I could find from the very LL issuing this notice to cure. I just simply cannot sleep knowing this poor woman married at one point to a C level employee at Deutsche Bank and post her divorce some ten years ago in Germany has had a rough go of it. Knowing nothing of her rights having lived in a cocoon of shelter by her husband, has been reduced from villas in the S of France, to a non person home in the states, I need give this some more thought prior to making a rash decision disturbing my own life in committing a great deal of expense along with disrupting obligations I have here at home with six kids, five grandchildren and a wife of 34 years having her own problems my plate is already full.In response to your question, yes. Foregone for the laterally upper middle although.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, I’m not certain I want to fully engage this issue, along with the fact a colleague has been waiting for near a half hour in my study for some assistance on a Phase II he’s putting together. I need some time to think on whether I want to take this on or not. Thank you for your indulgence. Joe M

I'm sorry, but on further review, I will not be able to help you in this matter. I will opt out so you can seek the advice of another expert.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago

Given I had 8.3BB in strip malls under my care custody and control, and I used to word smith the construction area of leases for all big box anchors I'm privy to the laws I'm dealing with, I was simply looking up WI statutes and your page popped up. Legally they're in the right, morally in the wrong. With the right judge the Mngr here cannot decide which potential tenant he is going to perform a background on. Either all or none. This is my quandary I will work through it. Thank you for your time. Sincerely ***** ***** M****

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer