Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

As landlord is there a maximum limit to respect to repair a…

Hi. As landlord is...

Hi. As landlord is there a maximum limit to respect to repair a hot water issue is there a legal limit? If not what is considered within reason?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Thank you very much North Carolina I am sorry

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No nothing

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hello there is legal limit. However any charge has to be reasonable and necessary supported by actual bills consistent with market rates.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Sorry there is a misunderstanding. How much time do I have as the landlord to make the repair? The issue is no hot water.
Court expect prompt repair which has been interpreted as 7 days.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Is there a regulatory basis? or this based on judicial decisions. How to answer to the tenant that indicates that the "law" requires a repair within 3 days. For information, I answered to the request within 8 hours by providing reference of home owner insurance to directly request a repair
Just judicial decision. Court want to see prompt handling without unreasonable delay. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Great. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
HI. I am coming back to the same issue. I have the same day contacted my insurance. A contractor is available to visit the house and make the repair at the tenant convenience. The tenant does not want to make arrangements to be there and is asserting that she has no obligation to be present to open the door and that the landlord should be present or send someone else. What is my obligation as landlord here?
Tenant has to allow entry. Tenant does not need to be present. Landlord or someone authorized by agent should be.Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
I am sorry I may not have expressed my question clearly. I want the tenant to be there to open the door. She says that she is too busy and that I should be there that she does not have to make any effort to be there.
As long as tenant is not blocking entry and you have a key or other means to enter tenant need not be there.Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
I did not get an answer to my question.Can the tenant argue that I did not promptly repair if I am putting a contractor at her disposal and she is not willing to adjust her schedule to be there to welcome him.
If tenant does not cooperate tenant loses that argument!
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Infolawyer, Attorney