Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I hired a lawyer to represent me during my eviction and he…

Customer Question
I hired a lawyer...

I hired a lawyer to represent me during my eviction and he didn’t file my evidence I gave him during Discovery. He then quit and was dismissed as my lawyer 4 days before my trial even though I had already paid him So then the opposing side filed a Limine blocking all of my evidence which should have been filed by my lawyer during Discovery costing my case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California and it’s an eviction case

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

That’s where I’m at now. I don’t know what to do next. I have proof of everything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I truly believe my lawyer was colluding with the opposing side

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Did you explain to the court that you had provided all the evidence to your prior attorney to produce during the discovery?