Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am trying to file a demurrer and want to request a meet…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to file a demurrer and want to request a meet and confer how do I do that

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have receive 3 notices that we are to comply to rules of the mobile home park but the notices are false and responding to the notices have gotten no response and after 3 notices they say they can with out notice end our tenancy but the 3 notices are all the same but they are things that are false

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have answered to all 3 and the lawyer will not speak to us and the management tells us to talk to the lawyer the management has done this to other elderly people in the past and we are not sure what to do so we were going to file a demurrer but it said we must have a meet and confer but we don't know how to request this

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, if you are going to request a meet and confer with the other party, it is a very informal process. You can either email them or call them and schedule a time that you would like to meet and confer regarding the matter. In California, there are no specific rules as to how you set up a meet and confer. In my experience as a CA attorney, I have just emailed the opposing party and set a time to speak on the phone. What other questions did you have for me today?

The opposing party in this case wants only to remove us from the park since the unit is under local rent control. removing us gives them the right to rent the unit for a higher rate. we want the process to stop. we are under our 3rd order to follow rules and regs which would result in the non owner party being removed from the park. what should our next step be??

Hi, unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to answer that question without fully understanding all of the issues and parties involved in the case. As far as what the next step should be in this case, you may want to speak with a local attorney and provide them with the necessary paperwork to help you fashion a battle plan. however, as far as the meet and confer goes, you can simply work with that party to meet that requirement set up by the court. What other questions did you have for me?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer