Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I need to evict a resident the homeowner [landlord] wants…

Customer Question
I need to evict...

I need to evict a resident the homeowner [landlord] wants him out in 10 days. I'm as bright as a box of rocks and ***** ***** Landlord thinks I,m dragging my feet... hes incapable. 69 yrs old how do I do this easiest. Got the papers from courthouse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

He is a Hoarder

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The city has had us pay a fine 2 yrs ago and we were warned and paid 300.00 to get it cleaned up two months ago. It needs to be done AGAIN!!!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Usually, the easiest method is to send the tenant a notice that includes a) the portion of the lease agreement that says they will keep the place in livable condition and that if they violate a city ordinance they can be evicted and b) a notice that they must leave the property within the alotted time. You could opt for c) which could suggest that you will take them to court and have the sheriff throw them out (using nicer words); however, that's optional. Just make sure that you mail him a copy and that you nail a copy to his door as well so you can ensure that he received it. I would also recommend email as well. I would also be prepared that he will not have a chance to get all his stuff off the property so you may want to include d) which offers suggestions for places where he can easily have his junk stored.

What other questions did you have for me?