Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

One more question... does the landlord have to return rent…

Hi there, one more question.....
Hi there, one more question... does the landlord have to return rent for the time the house has not been repaired?
11/17/2017
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes you should be due a refund or offset for that period of time because you did not get full use of the property.It is reasonable for you to get such a credit or refund.One way or the other you deserve such a credit in this matter.If the landlord will not give it you may sue landlord in small claims.You deserve compensation here for this inconvenience and lack of repair.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.Good luck with all here.

rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer
rayanswers
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer