Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I broke off an engagement, and moved out. I let my landlord…

Customer Question
So i broke off...

So i broke off an engagement, and moved out. I let my landlord know and my fiance is still residing there. I offered my landlord to pay out the entire rent, not just my half to be put off the lease and they said no. can i do anything?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ohio and i told him it is hostile, i want to do right and here is your full check for the whole remaining lease and he said no

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Not at all

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

12 months, $1,000 per month. runs to 2/28/2018, and i offered him $3,000 and keep deposit

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/16/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer
It would be at the discretion of the landlord to release you. Even though you are willing to pay the rent in full to walk away, the issue is that your Ex still resides there. If he were to do something to the rental, the landlord would want and need to sue and go after both of you. If he releases you he would only be able to go after him and it reduces his chances of recovery.
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney