Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am a landlord in the state of Illinois with a twelve month

Customer Question
tennant lease. The lease runs...
I am a landlord in the state of Illinois with a twelve month tennant lease. The lease runs from JULY 30, 2017 to July 31, 2018. There is no listing of when the rent is due. My question is when would the rent be due each month? The 1st of the month or anytime during the month?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/16/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The rent should be due and paid on the first of the month. Based upon the tenancy which you shared above, the rent is due when the rental term started, so it would be safe to assume that rent is due on the 1st of the month. After all, the last day on the lease is July 31, so the rent would be due and owed on the first.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer