Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord dies 3days ago have received no notice to vacate…

Customer Question
Landlord dies 3days ago...

Landlord dies 3days ago have received no notice to vacate received text telling me to be out asap by daughter inlaw

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California,sacramento

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No have been living in property for seven years dec15 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The only child she had is in prison can the daughter in law do this without notice

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Do you have a written fixed term lease in effect?
Has the DIL given any proof that she has any authority over the estste? Demand to see the probate court letter appointing her the representstive of the estate.
Are you online with me?