Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What is the best way to expunge an eviction off my record if…

What is the best...

What is the best way to expunge an eviction off my record if I have the funds before the court date?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

Minnesota. Iv only revived an eviction summons.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Our lease ends on the 30th of this month and we thought we could prorate the rent because the landlord told us we could, but when we didn’t make it to the bank due to working she closed the account and filed for eviction. We have the amount due and she wants to meet up tomorrow so we can pay her but we don’t want the eviction on our record. We want to know what kind of action to take.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
Work out a resolution and have landlord agree to discontinue the action and file it before any eviction is issued. Basically the matter is withdrawn. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What would we do if she doesn’t want to comply with signing a agreement of action to discontinue the eviction? And is this something we should do in court on the day of the summons?
Try first before court and then in court. Court will mediate a settlement and then dismiss.
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Online it says I am supposed to fill out and file a form what kind of form is it stating?
An answer
Good luck. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Online it says that I have to fill out a form what is the form I need or do I not need one?
The form is called an answer / which the court clerk can supply
Infolawyer, Attorney
Thank you so much, I gave you 5 stars.
Thanks!