Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I own a 12 unit apartment complex in Kansas. It is

Hello- I own a 12...
Hello- I own a 12 unit apartment complex in Kansas. It is advertised as ages 55+ "senior housing". I have read that there is a percentage of units I could have someone under 55 in and still be age restricted in the rest. Is this correct? What is that percentage?
11/16/2017
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Senior age restricted housing cannot have less than 80% of the units occupied by people who are not 55 or older. There are exceptions as they relate to family units but that is essentially the standard. Consequently, up to 20% of the units can be marketed as not age restricted.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Richard - Bizlaw

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney