Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What are the duties of a revocable trust. Vermont. That the…

Customer Question
What are the duties...

What are the duties of a revocable trust

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Vermont

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

That the occupants are suppose to make payments equal tp the amount of the taxes and they don,t

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that they need a new boiler now but they don,t pay anything and say its the landlords fault but i,m not a landlord just trustee.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/14/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 9 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The trustee is in charge of the trust and has a duty to follow the directives in the trust. If the trust owns rental property, then the trust is the landlord and the trustee is the agent for the trust. So if the rental property needs maintenance or repairs, it would be the trusts's duty, and you as the trustee in charge of the trust, to make sure that the property was up to code and properly maintained.

.

If the tenants don't pay rent when due after repairs are made, then you as the trustee have the power to hire an attorney to assist in evicting them.

.

.

thanks