Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My place has a leak in the sewage/ drains. plumber says they…

Customer Question
My place has a...

My place has a leak in the sewage/ drains. plumber says they need to dig it up and re plumb. she refuses to pay and is talking about giving me a 30 day notice due to condemn?? I've lived here 9 years... can she do that to me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Issues?? long time getting repairs was without a stove or oven for over year. no it a regular form of rental agreement. she states i rent month to month...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Isn't this enough?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/13/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. When you say, "she," do you mean your landlord refuses to pay and is threatening to evict you?