Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I own my home and I have a guest staying with me since 2010.

Customer Question
I own my home...

I own my home and I have a guest staying with me since 2010. I have asked numerous times without any luck for this guest to move out. i am being threatened with lawyers and going after 1/2 of everything I have. what are my legal rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

Ontario canada. police and legal aid have been very unhelpful

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No lease, guest hasnt paid any maintenance or upkeep .. living free

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How do i go about getting his person out. he is also advising i need to move out for 7 -10 days and give him access to a vehicle while he moves out. If I dont he wont move out

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Legally you can evict him through court. Practically if you can agree on terms for moveout you can avoid the delay and legal fees.For eviction, eviction lawyers are cheap and effective. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
this person is a guest not a tenant .. why do I need to go to court to get him out
A guest cannot legally be locked out and is treated as a tenant. For this reason if you can agree on a vacate date you avoid delay and cost of an eviction.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!