Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I need an attorney to represent me in a case against my

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney to represent me in a case against my landlord.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New York City

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Oh yeah. I am on my 3rd Order to show cause

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's pretty simple at this point. My relationship with the landlord's attorney is friendly; not hostile at all. I only owe 6100.00 and my monthly rent is 3695.00. I can pay it all off by end of month but i had a set back because of serious health issues. I need someone to file get an order to show cause and to appear in court for me. My health will not permit it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Legalease, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney

Hello there --

-

if the ll's attorney is friendly, is there any way you can ask him to settle the case for what you owe by the end of the month? or to postpone the hearing until you are well enough to appear in court? obviously, you do not want to end up having to pay another attorney to appear on your behalf because it may end up being a lot of money when the LL's attorney may be able to help if you speak with the attorney directly and explain the situation to him or her. Just Answer does not have any local attorneys that can go to court on your behalf -- we are a question and answer service. I am happy to talk to the attorney for you if that might help, but there is a separate charge for me to make such a telephone call -- contact me at marymeaden at comcast.net email if you are interested in such a telephone call. i think you can probably do it yourself, though.

MARY