Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I was given a 30 day notice to move but At the moment I am…

Customer Question
I was given a...

I was given a 30 day notice to move but At the moment I am needing a hernia operation and don't think I will be able to in 30 days..what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

California, No

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There is nothing done in writing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What legal action can my roommate take to make me move?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Let me ask a question, is your roommate also your landlord?

I see what you mean. Are you on a lease or a month to month agreement? If so, have you been living there longer than one year?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer