Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am a land lord who isn't renewing the lease. I gave the…

Customer Question
I am a land...

I am a land lord who isn't renewing the lease

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I gave the tenant a 15 day notice in august of 2017. the tenant was suppose to move Sept. 15 2017 how ever hurricane Irma caused a delay. the tenant claims she is waiting for HUD to approve her new residence and she claims HUD is telling her she must wait.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a no pet clause she has pets (four cages with Pherrots, she had a dog and when I went to inspect the house there were several wholes in my walls, roach infestation and make shift lighting fixtures. she also has an unauthorized tenant living in the home

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/10/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 8 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you accepted rent after the notice expired?

.

Is there some reason you didn't move to evict the tenant after the notice expired?

.

Is this in FL?

.

.

thanks