Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

It is a commercial lease in calif. been their 4 years, ihave…

Customer Question
It is a commercial...

It is a commercial lease in calif. been their 4 years, ihave a truck parked in my desinated parking space, i dont drive it due to registration issues, about 8 days ago landlord puts a sign in the parking lot stating no overnight parking permited, he put a notice on my truck that it will be towed the next day. he has it towed, i am behind in lease payments and he has file for UD. 3 years its not a problem now it is, right . isnt this a form of harrasment and he has no right to remove my property. can i file a motion along with my answer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calif. San Diego

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing reported to police, he filed for eviction

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything, except I think his actions is retaliatory in nature

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/10/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Was there a written lease for the designated parking space?