Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What are my rights as a tenet when my vehicle is towed from…

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights as a tenet when my vehicle is towed from a place I was told I could park by the apartment manager. I had asked for a second sticker because I have two cars, but was told that they would only give one per unit. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Arlington, Texas. It is a 2015 GMC truck.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Why would I do that? The note is current.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
11/7/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Is you received permission, why was it towed? Do you know who called it in? Do you have anything in writing, showing that the manager said you could park there? Are there guest spots or why do they refuse you provide you with a second sticket?

I was told that we could that we could park in visitors spots with extra cars.
Thank you for the reply. If you were told by the manager you could park there you need to speak with them this morning and ask that they reimburse you for the towing. If you relied on their representation and it was wrong they should make you whole and pay you back. They also can look into who reported this since the tow companies often have to be called to do this. It also seems odd that they only give you one sticker if you have two cars unless they told you this when you moved in and charge extra for an additional sticker.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!