Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My brie d. Diana is a renter here min. San CA. They had az 6…

My brie d. Diana...

My brie d. Diana is a renter here min

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

San Jose CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

They had az 6 month lease, now month to month. Their rent is 2K a month, always plaid on time till Oct 2017 Dia a had $600 stolen from her. They also bought a car in Sdpt., pay me t of 304 due in Oct. So they told their landlord what n happened & that they'd be late with the rent. He said OK, BUT YOU'LL PAY $25 a day till you're caughff up. Is that legal?

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
The late fee is excessive and unenforceable. There is no lease providing it. In this situation landlord can only recover the rent owed.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
what can she do? She is terrified that she'll be homeless. What can she show the landlord to stop making these oayments?
He has no right to evict without court order and court will not approve such fees. She should not worry and can warn landlord that no such fees were ever agreed to and are usurious.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney