Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My friend's tenant vacated the house, and had messed up the…

Hello, My friend's tenant vacated...
Hello, My friend's tenant vacated the house, and had messed up the whole house. She has disappeared and my friend is not able to locate her to make her liable for all the damage. Is there a way of locating the current address of a person, to be able to find/communicate with them. Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/18/2017
philip.simmons

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

what do you mean by

Is there a way of locating the current address of a person, to be able to find/communicate with them.

Sorry for the confusion, I want to know if there is a way of finding the mailing or physical address of a person, specially in this scenario when the person is liable for damage caused to land lord.

There is no "certain" way to do this...I mean, if they want to remain hidden, and take steps to do so? They will likely remain hidden.

That said, there are some options your friend can use.

Websites like

https://www.intelius.com
Can help...they are pretty good at locating folks (I personally use intelius with success)

If your friend required references as part of the applicaiton process? Calling them may help track these folks down

OR, they could hire a private investigator to track em down

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

philip.simmons