Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I asked my roomate to move out as he quit his job, went

Customer Question
I asked my roomate...

I asked my roomate to move out as he quit his job, went extremely creepy, tried to always hug me, drank all my liquor and didn't pay on the first. I asked him to move out and he finally did after a lengthy non replying for two weeks and not even coming to the residence. Now he is saying he doesn't want to break the lease and wants to move back in. I don't want any part of it. He didn't even pay a deposit and only resided at the premises less than a month going onto the second and again didn't pay and it got extremely weird. Hence why I kicked him out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

That's all me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you

with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thanks so much for your patience. If your roommate was not listed on the lease, then he is going to be considered a subtenant. A subtenant's rights are limited by what the original tenant (you) give them. If you agreed with the subtenant that he move out of the building permanently, then he is not allowed back in unless you agree to let him in. If he decides he wants to come back, then you may want to consider getting a restraining order against this person if you're concerned he may hurt you.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

By the way, getting a restraining order is easy. You usually go down to the local county courthouse and get the paperwork and file it and serve it on the other party.