Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My tenant says the husband is sick with caner and is

Customer Question
terminal when he passes she...
My tenant says the husband is sick with caner and is terminal when he passes she cannot afford the rent what do I do in this situtation also is deducting 100 off the rent without permission
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/16/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 9 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If she can't afford the rent or isn't paying the full amount, you can give her a 3 day written notice to pay or vacate and then evict through the courts if she doesn't pay in full within that 3 days.

.

Her husband's health problems, while unfortunate, do not give her a legal excuse to not pay the rent.

.

.

thanks