Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

If you have a house guest that has not paid any kind of rent

Customer Question
do they have the same...
If you have a house guest that has not paid any kind of rent do they have the same rights as a tenant
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/14/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
By law considered a tenant and if refuse to leave would need to be formally evicted if will not voluntarily vacate.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok well what if drugs are involved
You can threaten to report to police which prompts him to vacate. If refuses contact police which can lead the arrest. An eviction can also be expedited on that basis in court!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Infolawyer, Attorney