Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a question about an eviction. South Carolina. An

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question about an eviction.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

An eviction has been filed and we have been served.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We paid partial rent before the eviction was filed and paid the rent in full a day before we received the notice.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Did you pay the rent after the 5 day notice had expired?